Home :: Knowledge Zone :: Transnasal Endoscopic Surgery :: Polyps  
  POLYPS  
 

TRANSNASAL ENDOSCOPIC SURGERY - Dr. P. THULASI DAS

POLYPS

Nasal polyps are very common in India, which can be cured by Endoscopic surgery. Polyps are water-logged projections of nasal mucous membrane, usually having their roots in the ethmoid sinuses. They are usually multiple in number and produce blocking of the nasal cavities. Their removal, using conventional methods, almost always results in recurrence, and the patient has to undergo surgery many times in his lifetime to prevent nasal blocks. Polyps are the end product of inflammatory reaction to the ethmoid mucosa. Presence of fungal material in the ethmoid elicits very rapid growth of polyps. The basic principle involved in the treatment of polyps is to marsupialise the ethmoid air cells and remove as much of the polypogenic memberane as possible. Endoscopes offer excellent vision and illumination, which are utilized to remove polypogenic membrane precisely. For massive polyps with fungal sinusitis a total or radical Endoscopic spheno - fronto - maxillo- ethmoidectomy is done. At Sinus and Nose, we have 80% cure rate for polyps. Of the remaining 20%, 10% are minor recurrences, which can be treated with medicines.
 

Click below image to enlarge view

 

Debriders and shavers are extremely useful in removing initial masses of polyps to rediscover the distorted anatomy. Debriders or shavers are cutting machine and suction rolled into one. They suck and keep the field clear; they cut the tissue and the cut tissue is removed away from the nasal cavity by suction. Precise mucosa preservation surgery is possible with debriders. At Sinus and Nose we have a Karl-Storz shaver and Xomed debrider.
 

Click below image to enlarge view


 
 
Untitled-4
    Knowledge Zone
bullet

Transnasal Endoscopic Surgery

bullet

Introduction

bullet

Sinusitis

bullet

Antrochoanal Polyps

bullet

Polyps

bullet

Mucocele

bullet

Fungal Sinusits

bullet

Endoscope Surgery For Orbital Lesions

bullet

CSF Rhinorrhea

bullet

Pituitary Tumour

bullet

Rhinoplasty

bullet

Laryngotracheal Stenosis

bullet

Throat Surgery

bullet

Ear Operations

Click Here

Home  |  About Us  |  Consult Us  |  Surgical Offerings  |  Knowledge Zone  |  Gallery  |  Empanelments  |  Appointments  |  Charity
News and Views  |  Announcement  |  Testimonial  |  Contact Us  |  Sitemap  |  Useful Links  |  Disclaimer
2010 Sinus and Nose Hospital. All rights reserved